All Posts are related to my research on Web2.0 Tools and links to innovative uses in education.
Feel free to Comment and provide links to other valuable resources.
These tools can be used in any eLearning or traditional school settings that desire to integrate
emerging technologies into their curriculum.

Monday, October 15, 2007

Post 17: Cite Referencing (MLA Citation Maker)

Students and teachers often use information off the Internet to produce a report, presentation, lesson plan, web page, etc.
Examples typically include images and text. Giving credit to the authors is always recommended, and an industry standard for the correct format is called MLA.

Using an online tool called MLA Citation Maker is as easy as: 1) click on the appropriate category, 2) fill in some basic information, and 3) let the online software do the rest.

This great tool will generate the correct format and all one has to do is copy/paste it their document.
OLSIS, ."MLS Citation Maker." OSLIS.1 Jan. 2006. 15 Oct. 2007 .

4 comments:

/g said...

Barry - If you're a Firefox user you have to check out the Zotero addon. I don't know how I made it through college without it. It makes citations and so much more. Talk about bridging the gap between 20th Century modes of education and living in the 21st!

BJ said...

Howdy, Glenn. You are amazing. You always one-up me, and I love it. I'll check Zotero out.

Aberturas Culturales/Cultural Apertures said...

Hello! I have been slowing using Barry's blog to introduce myself to Web 2.0. I am having trouble with Zotero. I downloaded it, added some books to my library, but can't figure out how to export an APA bibliography. I've watched two different tutorials twice! Please help!
Michelle, GFU MAT@Night Student

BJ said...

Re. m.m.n: I ended up using the OSLIS Cite Referencing link for all my APA and MLA referencing, so can't address the issues with Zotero. Mr.Moses (http://www.blogger.com/profile/06296188678249583523), who Commented to my original Post, would be a great resource to help resolve your roadblocks.